I’m excited to say that 3 more people are following Metabolism Miracle with my help. One, by choice. The other 2 help hostage by that 1! I can’t wait to see their success!
With each new person I help I try to give them some tips. Tips I didn’t have when I started. Here are a few
1. Please drink the daily amount of water, it really does flush out FAT!
2. I cannot stress enough and this was very difficult for me as I am a bi-weekly grocery shopper. Only purchase food for a few days at a time in the beginning. Your taste buds will change dramatically. You will crave thing you’ve never craved before. You will waste money otherwise.
3. Do not underestimate the power of jello and whipped cream ( the spray kind) not cool whip, it has carbs you must count. Whipped cream does not. Sugar free jello has carbs you must count as well but you get much more without cool whip added. I cannot tell you how many texts I’ve received of sugar free jello with a pile of whipped cream on top with a ” heaven” caption. My quests? Atleast 10! From 10 different people that is.
4. Peanut butter cookies…….. Yes. Neutral. All. You. Can. Eat.
Makes 12 cookies
1 cup sucralose, plus extra for dipping with fork
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup creamy or crunchy NATURAL peanut butter
Note: peanut butter must be well stirred and room temp
Note: sucralose is baking Splenda or knock off brand ( big yellow bags by artificial sweeteners)
Preheat oven to 350
Coat baking sheet with cooking spray
Mix the sweetener, egg and vanilla with an electric mixer on low for 3 minutes in a medium bowl. Add the peanut butter and baking soda.
Mix on medium speed until the mixture comes together, about 30 seconds.
Form the dough into walnut size balls and place on cookie sheet
Dip fork in additional sweetener and flatten the cookie with crisscross marks.
Make for 10-12 minutes until slightly browned on bottom.
Transfer to wire rack to cool.
My daughter often eats these with whipped cream. Reminds me of a double doozie from the Great American Cookie Company.
5. Sugar free Popsicles. — have a few carbs but worth it sometimes.
6. Remember 5 net carbs every 5 hours. If you have only 3 carbs at 12 with lunch. My recommendation is to count that as 5. If you try to fit 2 in somewhere else you are going to throw off your 5 hours. So basically if you have net cabs MAKE THEM COUNT. Use all of them or pretend that you did. The idea is to clean out your toxins from your pancreas. If you keep giving it carbs it won’t do it’s job.
7. Do atleast 30 minutes of exercise a day. I NEVER get to actually exercise but I do make myself do lunges down the hall or squats while I cook. A few jumping jacks here and there. I need to kick it up to get the flab gone but the purpose of doing exercise for this diet is to make sure you burn FAT not MUSCLE.
So I guess that’s my “7 Metabolism Miracle Tips” for today. I have a few more I will post here and there. Be sure to comment or ask any questions, please!!
On another note…..last week I posted about the 7 dimensions of wellness.
I’ve been working on my weak links. Have you?
I was challenged on my birthday. It seems I’m always challenged, huh? I like to think I’m “real”. I’ve tried very hard lately to have a better relationship with family members. In years past, even when I didn’t try, I atleast got the generic Facebook “happy birthday”. This year, after developing what I thought was a friendship one and I make weekly contact with others I didn’t even get that, a text or a phone call. My own brother didn’t text or call on either my birthday or WL’s. In fact, this isn’t about my birthday at all. If I don’t make contact first, we don’t have contact, anytime. Speaking with my husband. We are both perplexed. We don’t understand this. As I’ve said before I wear my emotions on my sleeve. I’m also the first to try to clear the air. And I THINK I’m a good person. So my “emotional dimension” is off kilter. I must have done something. But what? Where I come from, if someone has upset or hurt you, you tell them. You do this out of respect. Respect for yourself not to be treated that way again and respect for the other person to have the opportunity to know what hurt you and have the opportunity to apologize. I’ve taught my kids if you apologize it means you will not make the mistake again. I would like that opportunity. So I’m left with a situation. A situation where adults know how to be adults. Know how to have conversations. My conclusion is this. What I thought of them is not what they think of me. Hard pill to swallow but true. So now, after writing, I get it. What I thought – in fact is not. Not such a big deal after all!! Wellness Dimension back on track!